Test your knowledge of dentistry & your dental health! Take the quiz & see the answer key at the bottom to see how well you did.
- When should you floss?
- Before you brush your teeth.
- After you brush your teeth.
- Before or after—as long as you floss at least once a day!
- Which beverages are acidic & can cause tooth decay?
- Water with lemon
- Diet soda
- All of the above
- When should children first see the dentist?
- Within 6 months of their first tooth coming in.
- Once they have at least two teeth.
- Once all of their teeth have come in.
- Once they’re old enough to talk to the dentist.
- What does fluoride do?
- It helps keep plaque from sticking to teeth.
- It helps rebuild dental enamel & reverse early tooth decay.
- It kills bacteria in your mouth that can cause tooth decay.
- It helps keep teeth white by removing surface stains.
- In addition to poor dental hygiene, which of these are risk factors for gum disease?
- Genetic susceptibility.
- Medications that cause dry mouth.
- All of the above.
- True or False: A hard bristle toothbrush is better at cleaning teeth than a soft bristle toothbrush.
Answers: 1:c, 2:e, 3:a, 4:b; 5:e, 6:b-False.